Wildlife in Mid Wales
Natural Mid Wales offers information about the wildlife of mid Wales along with a choice of places to stay with local wildlife enthusiasts.
Rivers, valleys, woodlands, meadows and mountains, and abundant wildlife of all kinds- on this site you will find information to help you plan your visit to Mid Wales and to see, study, explore and enjoy this spectacular countryside.
Natural Mid Wales is a group of like minded tourism businesses with an interest in promoting and preserving the biodiversity and natural beauty of our local area, as well as the economic wellbeing of communities here. To find out more about our members click here.
We value the special nature of our area and are working together with conservation organisations so that we can all learn more about and enjoy the natural world and be optimistic that the wildlife and habitats of Mid Wales are preserved and enhanced for the benefit of everybody in the future.
Here in Mid Wales you can watch Salmon leaping and see Dippers, Kingfishers, Common Sandpipers, Otters and Sea Lamprey in our rivers.
Here in Mid Wales you can eat wild Whinberries on the hillsides and Raspberries from summer hedgerows and forage for Ceps and Chanterelle fungi in the autumn.
LEARN OUTDOORS have two bushcraft courses on 23-24 July 2016 in Rhayader- "Bushcraft Skills" and "Train the Trainer"
Tel. 01597 811107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have bird nesting boxes for £6, bat boxes £6, and hedgehog houses at £25 for sale. All made at a local sheltered workshop and of lovely quality. Email email@example.com to order.
Top Ten Things to See
- Buzzards and Ravens displaying over Abergwesyn Common (NT)
- Spring flowers at Pwll-y-wrach Nature Reserve (BWT)
- Pied Flycatchers, Redstarts and Wood Warblers at Coed Cnwch, Carngafallt RSPB reserve
- Wildflowers and butterflies at Vicarage Meadows Reserve
- Flowering heather and red grouse at Beacon Hill (Crown Estate)
- Autumn/winter flocks of fieldfare, redwing and ring ouzel in the Elan Valley
- Leaping salmon at Gilfach Nature Reserve (RWT)
- Red Kites at Gigrin Farm Feeding Centre
- Waterfall at Water-break-its-neck
- Star filled skies at Spaceguard Centre
Information about our international partner organisations, and wildlife holidays in Scotland, Yorkshire, Finland and Portugal